On Tuesday, May 10, Macon-Bibb County Mayor Robert Reichert presented to the Commission the proposed, balanced budget for Fiscal Year 2017 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017), and it includes:
- A reduction to the general fund of more than five million dollars from the current year, meaning the 20% mandated reduction has been met;
- A 1.5% Cost of Living Adjustment for all employees;
- Increased contributions to the pension plans;
- Maintained and even improved services; and
- No increase to the millage rate.